The gathering is on the horizon – just over a month away! Here are some of the workshops that will happen on the day, to whet your appetites… and for that there will also be yummy food from Red Moon Roots collective, along with fresh foraged herb teas and info about getting involved with community herbalism in the city…
- London community herbal projects sharing, with Hackney Herbal, Glengall Wharf Garden, Phytology, Castle Climbing Centre Garden, OrganicLea & Core Landscapes
- Traditions in Healing exploring healthcare practices from around the world in the context of colonial + post-colonial paradigms and the capitalisation of health in the west – with Mama D of Community Centred Knowledge, Marion Makonnen – London herbalist practicing in west African tradition, Buki Fagbenle S- herbalist connected with Yoruba tradition, Shumaisa Khan speaking about Ayurvedic health support practices and UK herbalists talking about indigenous traditions and colonisation of European plant medicine tradition by biomedicine
- Herbalists without Borders London info-sharing and invitation to involvement, followed by a solidarity medicine-making session creating remedies together for London projects supporting those without recourse to healthcare – with Lorna Mauney-Brodek
- Housing as Healthful Community – London struggles and movements with St Ann’s Redevelopment Trust and others involved in community resistance and action
- Session sharing info and exploring trans inclusivity and struggles in herbal healthcare
We look forward to seeing you there!